I went out to a super fancy brunch the other weekend and we had handcrafted cocktails to start. I chose this restaurant's (an Italian joint) take on the Moscow Mule, and it was hands down, the best mule I've ever had. Naturally, I attempted to recreate this delight, and enjoyed it as I welcomed in 2018. I'm coining this the Milan Mule, as it utilizes limoncello as a main ingredient.
- 2 shots vodka (you can use the cheap stuff, but make sure it comes in a glass bottle, we're all past plastic bottled college days)
- 1/2 shot limoncello
- Juice of 1 lime, plus wedge to garnish
- 1 T of freshly grated ginger root
- Club soda (I used Polar's Winter Seasonal Ginger Lime Mule flavor--because it was what I had available--, but plain, lemon, or lime would work just fine)
- Combine Vodka, limoncello, lime juice, and ginger root in a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake away! #muscles #newyearnewyou
- Strain into rocks glass or copper mug (if you want to be traditional), filling glass 2/3 full.
- Top with club soda/seltzer (about 1/3 glass).
- Garnish with lime wedge and ice, if needed.
- You can experiment with proportions of vodka & limoncello. I don't like a very sweet cocktail, so I used less limoncello.
- I used a little more ginger than 1 tablespoon, as I LOVE ginger.
- I didn't strain mine since I am one of those people that enjoys high pulp Orange Juice.
- This is a super light cocktail that is sure to be a smash!